Plant Galls Workshop 14th October 10am - 4pm
An introduction to the fascinating world of plant galls
· Introduction with some examples of galls to handle and examine.
· Powerpoint presentation on the natural history and ecology of plant galls
· British Plant Gall Society and other resources/references
· Hunt for galls around the Hub
· Identification of collected specimens
Participants - Please bring a hand lens along if possible
Refreshments are provided on the day but not lunches. Please bring packed lunches.
Not suitable for children.
We will be walking to and on steep grassland, so unfortunately the course is not accessible for wheelchairs or people unable to walk reasonable distances.
Accommodation is not included but if required it is available within the local area, some suggestions can be found on our 'local accommodation' page - please arrange this yourself.